The Royal Union Motor Entre Sambre et Meuse (RUMESM) is the club that organises the competitions that take place on the Jules Tacheny circuit, having been behind the first-ever races in the 1920s as well as the earliest motorcycling events at the venue.
After World War II, in 1946, Jules Tacheny was elected chairman of the UMESM, as the club was known at the time. With the key objective of making the circuit as attractive and innovative as possible, Tacheny worked tirelessly in the role until the end of his life.
His Majesty the King granted the Royal title to the club in 1952, and it would henceforth be known indefinitely as the Royal Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse Motor Union, or RUMESM.
Freddy Tacheny, Jules’ third son and chairman of the RUMESM since 2017 continues with his father’s work, striving non-stop to modernize the competitions held at the Mettet circuit and make them as attractive as possible for spectators.
Left to right: Freddy Tacheny (chairman), Michel Fiévet (honorary chairman), Michel Remy (deputy chairman), Johnny Tacheny (treasurer), Philippe Dujardin (circuit manager and guest member), Michel Wanty (administrator), Marie-Rose Lardinois-Proot (secretary) and Claude Marchot (secretary-general)